I have been asked several times in recent days what are some of the qualities/traits/characteristics that I am looking for in a mate. This has caused me to compile somewhat of a “wish list.” Traits that are desired, but not all necessary. You might be thinking to yourself, “Josh, you are young. You have plenty of time to find the ‘one’!” Well, you are right. I do have time, but that doesn’t mean I can’t help fate along…
A very wise man told me that if you actively seek love, it is not always easy to find. He suggests letting love find me. That way, it will knock the wind out of you, and you will be open to love more freely.
Anyways, here are some desired traits:
- The ability to make me laugh, profusely
- A warm smile
- Vertically blessed. I enjoy the confidence taller people have.
- Someone who understands what it means to serve others, and is willing to go out of their way to serve.
- Someone who is confident and independent, but can let me take care of them.
- A person who loves food, and finds the art of cooking (and eating) both sexy and fun.
- Someone who has a deep love of the arts. (Theatre, Opera, Ballet, Music, Museums, Photography)
- Someone with a strong faith who can continually challenge me to think about the world.
- A person that can carry on an intellectual conversation or healthy debate about religion, politics, etc.
- Someone who is willing to take care of me, even when I don’t always take care of myself.
- Someone with an appreciation for good wine, good friends, and good conversations.
- Someone who loves their family, but might not always “like” their family.
- Someone I can call my best friend.
I am sure there are more that I am having trouble thinking of/remembering. Should you happen to know of a trait that I may have left out, please feel free to leave a comment.
Should you possess any number of these traits, let’s get to know each other!